Although I ended the year of 2015 strong by rebranding in October, launching a book in November, and facilitating the iExcel In Life online course in December... I realize [transparency moment] there were other goals that I'd started earlier in the year that were not finished. I could provide a laundry list of reasons [excuses] why I didn't finish, but I'll spare you *wink*. And if you're truly honest with yourself, you too will pinpoint goals noted January of 2015 that were not finished by December of 2015. Right?
Because I personally experienced "not finishing", and have also heard clients repeatedly complain about this challenge, I've come to understand the root cause is a cultural gap in our society. Simply put, we value starting more than we value finishing. Think about it for a moment... When you start a new business everyone is excited for you, but you have to almost bribe those same people to attend the business's 10th year anniversary celebration. Likewise, we give students starting college encouragement, but in their last years when they're struggling to graduate, they seldom hear a word of support. Do you see the trend? We have become more interested with starts and often loose sight of finishing.
I have good news for you... I'm sharing 6 hurdles that lead to a successful FINISH!!!
1) Arrive at the stadium. You have to be at the race to participate. You can't be in the wrong place and expect to finish. If you need a loan, you won't find it at the aquarium. Silly, right? So get to the financial institution! Or wherever your race is happening!
2) Warm your muscles. What contentious athlete would risk injuring themselves by performing with cold muscles? [None that I've seen!] No matter your talent or training, you must be reminded of your strength and purpose. By warming up, you ignite what's already there. Great warm ups are affirmations, declarations, affirmations, faith confessions, devotion, and etc.
3) Get in your lane. Although each lane looks similar, it can only be occupied by one runner. Stop comparing and attempting to duplicate others [stepping into someone else's lane]. You were uniquely created to provide YOUR authentic gifts and talents. No one can beat YOU being YOU!
4) Position yourself to fly. Sprinters bend down and get ready to take off. By standing upright, the body is not in an optimum posture for the fastest start. Do your daily actions properly align you to GO... before you get the green light? Or are you fumbling when a client/customer requests your products/services?
5) Take off at the gunshot. As you're eagerly anticipating your success, you must be focused. You cannot be distracted by the crowd, noise, or even... other runners. You must tune out everything around you not to miss a second when the gunshot fires. What has your attention? Is it the awaiting GO or the many elements that surround you?
6) Put your all into the race. Now is the time to shine. Don't hesitate, don't look back, and don't doubt what you were born to do. Stopping is not an option. Continue forward until you cross the FINISH line!
Success never looked so good, right? What you felt was impossible or unattainable, you did it. Now, repeat! Welcome #TribeFinishers! This is a movement that reminds you to FINISH your goals. Click the hashtag to view the shop!
After reading this article, are you ready to FINISH? Which area is your strength? Which area requires the most attention for you? I'd love to hear your feedback!
Don't forget to click the Share link below to share this blog on your social sites. Thank you!