Many of us... who are willing to admit it... have a mental list of what constitutes the perfect mate! As we excitedly describe him or her to our friends, we become passionate and prescriptive about their traits, personality, and maybe even physical characteristics.
But what we rarely... or never... mention is what traits, personality type, or physical characteristics about ourselves that will compliment and attract that perfect mate! We know ourselves better than anyone else, so it's okay... your secret is safe :)
Check out 6 steps I'm working through...
1) Look inward! As humans, we're subconsciously wired to "project" versus "reflect".
Exercise: Take a few minutes at the end of the day and quickly think through actions YOU took... while drivings, at work, at school, dealing with children, etc. Practice this daily to re-wire your brain.
2) Evaluate alternatives! By taking the time to consider various approaches, you become more flexible and adaptable in diverse situations.
Exercise: Take a few more minutes to think through how YOU could have acted/reacted differently to influence a different outcome.
3) Identify YOUR traits! Being aware of your norms is the key to understanding how others may view you. (previous blog - Are You In Sync With Reality?)
4) Define YOUR personality type! Whether you do a Myers Briggs test or a quiz from Cosmopolitan Magazine, get to know what drives you and your innate characteristics.
5) Focus on YOUR physical! Of course it's nice to say "physical attributes don't matter", but they do. And no, I'm not talking about the perception that others have for you... but how YOU perceive yourself. This will either build or destroy your confidence!!!
6) Change for YOU! Whatever observations (1-5) unease or displease YOU about yourself, change them now. This ensures YOU are your best you. Not the you someone else expects, but the best you that you can be.
I know some of you are probably thinking... this has NOTHING to do with my perfect mate! But that's just it... this has absolutely EVERYTHING to do with him or her.
Until YOU love YOURSELF (not in a conceited way), you cannot compliment or attract your perfect mate. It's the law of attraction.
Start inwardly and watch it manifest externally!!! I obviously haven't attracted my Boaz yet, so we can be on this journey together :)
So what do you think? I'd love to hear from you!
Don't forget to click the Share link below to share this blog on your social sites. Thank you!